The Ultimate Guide To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates: Windows 10 comes with a lot of new features than the previous versions of Windows. Also, Microsoft provides the updates for windows 10 from time to time for more security and new features. You don’t need to find and download any update for new features. Windows 10 does this automatically itself. Windows 10 also fixes critical issues automatically itself.
By default, Windows 10 updates install automatically on your PC/Device. So, it uses a lot of internet usage in a background. Sometimes, it irritated us, when Windows 10 steals the bandwidth in the background. So, here is how to turn off Windows 10 Updates.
In Windows 8/8.1, there is an option to turn off Windows updates. But, in Windows 10, there is no option is available to do this. Though, Windows 10 provides a metered connection option to disable background data usage. In which it also disables the Windows updates. But, there is more than one option available to do this.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update New features ,improvements and release
Why Should You Need To Turn Off Windows 10 Updates?
- You are doing some important work on your PC and updates may take the system and network resources.
- Internet bandwidth is being stolen by automatic updates in the background.
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TURN OFF WINDOWS 10 UPDATES
1. USING METERED CONNECTION (EASY WAY)
In Windows 10, You can set a connection as a metered connection to restrict background data. When you set your WiFi or ethernet connection as metered, then the background data will be disabled. Also, the updates will be disabled. So, this is the easiest way to turn off the updates. Though, you can manually download and install updates after set connection as metered. But, Windows won’t download and install any update automatically.
The ultimate guide to Customize windows 10 with cool fonts
When and Why Set connection as a metered connection?
This option is very helpful when you are doing some work on your device, and Windows 10 steals your internet bandwidth to download updates in a background. So, you can use this option to overcome this problem.
How To Set Connection as a Metered Connection?
You can set the connection as a metered on both WiFi and Ethernet connections. Below are the steps.
HOW TO TURN OFF WINDOWS 10 UPDATES EASILY:
- Open “Settings” (Keyboard Shortcut: Windows Key + I) and Click on “Network & Internet” option.
- After that, Click on the WiFi option from the left side and click on your WiFi Connection name.
- Turn on “Set as metered connection” option.
You can also set WiFi connection as metered from the taskbar. Click on the WiFi icon from the taskbar and click on the WiFi connection. After that, click on the “Properties” option and Turn on “Set as metered connection” option.
For Ethernet Connection:
You can also set Ethernet connection as metered in Windows 10 Creators update. If you have a previous version of Windows 10, then, don’t worry you can also do this with a registry hack. Below are the steps to set ethernet connection as metered.
- Open “Settings” and click on the “Network & Internet” option.
- After that, Click on the “Ethernet” option from the left side and click on the Ethernet connection name.
- Turn on “Set as metered connection” option.
So, these are the easy steps to disable windows update with metered connection option. If you want to disable updates completely you can do this by disabling update servive. Here is the guide.
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TURN OFF WINDOWS 10 UPDATES [Advance Method];
- Click on start and type services.msc in the search box/Cortana or in run box(win+r) and open Services.
- Scroll down to find the Windows update and right click on the Windows update. After that, click on the Properties.
- Select the Disabled option from the Startup type list box and click on the Apply and OK button.
And you are done now your Windows 10 Updates are completely Off and it won’t consume your Internet resources.
Note: You can select Automatic option any time to enable automatic updates.
Final Words On The Ultimate Guide to turn Off Windows 10 Updates:
So, These are the best and easiest ways to turn off windows 10 updates. And I hope these methods are not so complicated for you and you’ll be able to turn off the updates in your Computer. If you face any problem you can watch Video demonstration of How to turn off windows 10 updates. If you like this article please share it and like our FACEBOOK PAGE.
You can Subscribe Our YouTube Channel for more interesting tech Stuff.
How to turn off windows 10 updates Video:
You may Like:
- How to convert WhatsApp audio into a text message
- How to get WhatsApp message recall feature
- How to Bypass OTP verification in any App or Website (Skip sms/call verification)