Windows Operating system is one of the most popular OS because it’s very user-friendly and you can do tons of tweaks and customizations to make your windows looks cool.
Fonts plays a main role in customization, if you have tried custom fonts in your mobile phone then you can understand it very well. You can also customize your windows 10 OS with custom fonts and make it more eye catching, So in this article, we are going to learn “How to change windows 10 default fonts”.
Default font means the font, you can see everywhere in windows, for example, icon labels, folder names, date and time etc. so we are going to replace default font with some cool font.
Change Windows 10 Default Font
- In the very first step click on start button then type “Fonts” in the search box and you’ll see “Fonts” folder like this screenshot click on this folder. Alternatively, you can find this folder in Control Panel–>Fonts.
- You can see your installed fonts in this folder, now choose your favorite font and note down its name(exact same name[case sensitive]).
- Now open a blank Notepad file and paste the following lines in it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes] "Segoe UI"="Courier New"
Note: change the font name (Currently Courier New) with your favorite font name in the last line.
- Now save this notepad file and when it asks for file name give it any name and the extension(last part of the name) must be .reg and choose All files from the second drop-down.
Also read: How to take “LONG SCREENSHOT” in any Android
- Now double-click on this saved file and click on “Yes” when asked for confirmation.
- And then click on ok. (see Screenshot)
- Now you need to restart your computer to make changes in fonts.
So that was the process to change the default font in windows 10.
If you want to revert back to the default font simply open the .reg file again in notepad and replace your favorite font name with “Segoe UI”=-
and again run the .reg file.
So you can try different fonts to customize your windows 10 machine and make it look cool. Share this with your friends because “Sharing is caring :D” and be a good friend :p.